Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Chengde Mountain Resort (Chinese: 避暑山庄; Bìshǔ Shānzhuāng)

 
     The mountain resort in Chengde (Hebei province) is not one of the most famous landmarks of China. It definitely can not compare  to the Forbidden city or  the Terracotta Army in Xian. But yet, it is a place worth visiting. It is only about three hours drive away from Beijing. In Chengde there are also a few very famous  Buddhist temples I will talk about in other posts.
      The most important thing about it, is that it is beautiful. Wherever you look, it is always beautiful. While walking you feel like you are in a dream or a fairytale and you want to take pictures all the time because from every angle it looks like a postcard. Of course, I have to say that I was there at autumn (which is generally the best season for visiting Beijing and the area around it) and I have no idea how it looks during the other seasons.
     I upload some pictures I took myself. Hope you will enjoy them!
     I  would love to read your comments and to answer your questions if you have some.
For more information.  
If you like this blog and want to be updated, please
Like me in Facebook.








No comments:

Post a Comment